Our Quality Standards
- Unlike other gate manufacturers, we are able to offer a 10 yearsrust resistance guarantee. Our products are professionally hot-dip galvanised as standard. This provides superior protection over priming, zinc plating or electro-galvanizing. You can find out more on our Coatings page.
- For any further questions, or for a guarantee certificate, please contact us.
- We take as much pride in making our products as we hope you will have seeing them installed on your project. For this reason we are happy to offer a 10 year workmanship guarantee on all gates. This means that - as long as the gate is installed correctly, and is properly maintained - your gate should function to our high standards for a minimum of 10 years, though we would expect far longer than this.
- Maintenance includes cleaning at suitable intervals, and applying a light oil to the hinges from time to time. Please contact us for more detailed product care advice
Every Forjj balcony fully complies with all relevant current building regulations & guidelines. Below is a brief explanation of the key sections but there's a lot more detail behind - get in touch if you need additional information.
- UKCA Marking does apply to Juliet balconies. For the legal requirements relating to the manufacture of Juliet balconies, please see our separate page about UKCA Marking.
Building Regulations (Part K)
- The balcony guarding must be at a minimum height of 1100mm above the floor level.
- To prevent children from becoming entrapped the maximum gap between elements of the balcony must be no more than 100mm.
- The Juliet balcony must be constructed in a manner that prevents children from readily being able to climb it (e.g. no horizontal rails).
- Guarding must be able to resist the loads given in BS EN 1991-1-1 with its UK National Annex, UK National Annex to Eurocode 1. Actions on structures. General actions. Densities, self-weight, imposed loads for buildings (2002) and PD 6688-1-1 Recommendations for the design of structures to BS EN 1991-1-1 (2011).
British Standard 6180
- Anchorage securing the Juliet back to the building should sustain a load greater than the balcony will be subjected to. Please note - fixings are not supplied or specified by Forjj and you must ensure that the correct fixings are used.
- Glass in Juliet balconies generally needs to be BS EN 12600 Class [Minimum of 10mm thick toughened glass]
NHBC (National House-Building Council Standard Guidelines) for Balconies
- Juliet Balconies must be a minimum height of 1100mm above the floor level.
- If the window sill is 300mm to 600mm above the floor level, the Juliet balcony must be a minimum height of 700mm above the window sill.
Fire Escape Regulations
- Where the window or door is deemed part of a fire escape route Juliet balcony height must also not exceed 1100mm.
Glass (BS EN 12600 & BS 6206)
- Must be safety glass which if broken on impact, will break in a way which is unlikely to cause injuries.
- Sufficiently robust to ensure the risk of breakage from impact is low.
For more information please contact us and we will be happy to help.